7.26.2005

Sleep Update

I'm sure you're all waiting with baited breath to hear how Henry is doing with his sleep training. I can't say that it's been an easy week and a half, and our progress hasn't exactly been linear, but i do think we are making progress.

Henry has been sleeping 7-8 hours straight at night and then going back to sleep for another 3 or 4 hours. Typically he still cries about 20 minutes before falling asleep both at night and for naps, but every so often he cries much less. He's also been sleeping much closer to 13-14 hours a day which is a definite improvement. Of course usually we feel like we take one step forward and 3 backwards but hopefully as time passes and Henry gets older we'll have less crying before he falls asleep and better naps.

In other news, today was Henry and i's first day at childcare. I've never felt like such a nervous, over-protective new-mom as preparing Brenda for Henry. I think I had her thinking that he was the worst baby ever and when i came to pick him up at noon she said i had nothing to worry about. He cried when i left but settled down and loved watching all the other kids. He cried a bit before he took a nap but did sleep for 30 minutes (we're working on lengthening his naptimes). The biggest news was that he actually took a bottle which he had stopped doing from either JT or I. So tomorrow he'll be there again in the morning and then on Thursday he'll be there all day. I think it was harder on me because i missed him very keenly today. I'm sure in time i'll get used to it but these past three months have allowed me to develop a very strong bond with Henry.

FYI-- there are new pictures on the yahoo site.

No comments: