11.16.2006

18 Months, 4 Weeks, 1 Day


JT went back to work today for the first time in ages and hopefully we continue to get better. I had my 21-week prenatal appointment and everything looked really good. I'm gaining weight at a steady but slow rate and all my labs were just fine. My midwife did give me the information i need to set up a Medical Genetics appointment to find out if stomach condition Henry had (pyloric stenosis) is more likely to pop-up in his brother since he had it, and if so what ways of quickly identifying it they have.

In other health news, Henry had a follow-up with a Pediatric Urologist yesterday. He has an issue with his netherregions that they've been watching since he was about 6 months old. They decided that while things have improved they haven't improved enough and that he would likely need corrective surgery at some point. It's a bit of a gamble because 5 years from now they might decide everything had worked out fine and he didn't need the surgery after all, or they could decide that he definitely did need it. The Dr. felt the likelihood was that he would ultimately need surgery and there are some advantages to doing it now while they still heal more quickly, and before he's completely aware of what's going on. Of course we're not looking forward to more surgery at any point, but right now we're tentatively scheduled for the procedure in early December.

I think (future) Henry would appreciate me keeping the details discreet so if you have other questions feel free to follow up with me directly.

No comments: