5.11.2007

6 Weeks, 3 Days/ 2 Years, 3 Weeks, 3 Days


The other morning Silas had finished eating and was laying contentedly and lazily in bed next to me. When i started to talk to him he turned his head towards me and smiled. That was a great moment, because prior to that he's mainly smiled at his mobile (see pictures) or the ceiling fan.


I'm sure i'll jinx myself, but for the last three nights Silas has slept 6/6+ hours which is a totally welcome sleep reprieve. Perhaps he'll add an hour for each new week he gains and really make me happy! Continuing his life as an "easy" baby, Silas and i and Corey and Troy met JT and another friend for lunch downtown yesterday and then spent 2 hours shopping. I remember when i took Henry out for a quick trip to Old Navy and was elated that it went okay. We were gone about 5.5 hours yesterday and i didn't even give it a second thought-- see the difference?


We're thinking about converting Henry's crib to a toddler bed soon. I don't think he would try to climb out on his own, but in the morning when JT goes in to get him he's been standing on his monkey crib toy as he attempts to climb out. The big hurdle is finding the IKEA directions for converting the thing-- for some reason they don't post them online like every other manufacturer. I don't know quite what to expect, but he's done well with his cot at daycare and i doubt he would get out of bed very much-- although who knows-- the lure of his books may just be too much. I'm going to get a bedrail at target today so that we're prepared-- we definitely need to make the transition on a weekend.


No comments: