6.25.2006

1 Year, 2 Months, 1 Week, 1 Day


Well we are on vacation, so i think i might be off in my counting of days. I'm not sure what happened to my sweet boy, but we've had some sleep battles of late. I mentioned how we went through an adjustment when we first got here last Sunday, but things had calmed down to the point where yesterday Henry put his hand next to his head and signed "night-night" while pointing at his crib.

Fast forward to last night and 1.5 hours of trying to get the little tyrant to bed. I finally just let him cry mad, mad cries until he fell asleep. He didn't do much better for his morning nap but i'd like to think based on his afternoon nap performance that now he knows i at least mean business. I did try to get him back on more of his "schedule" so hopefully bedtime will be less eventful than last night. It's not good when i'm just waiting for Henry to fall asleep so that i can get to bed myself.

Otherwise, we've had a wonderful day. Henry and Coby dog have settled into a pretty good repoire and Henry has mastered taking the pine cones out of the big stone jar and putting them back again. I think he's almost figured out that Oma and Opa's house has a circular track between the kitchen, dining room and living room.

We're back to Gran and Nonna's tomorrow and then off to the beach on Sunday. We're really looking forward to some sun and sand, although Henry and i will be hunkered down under the umbrella with the SPF 50 on, if you need us...

No comments: