7.30.2006

15 Months, 1 Week, 6 Days



We're home again and survived what i think of as our "last flight." I'm sure it's not really the last time we'll travel with Henry, but i do swear it's the last time i fly alone with him without buying a seat. That said, he held up pretty well on this trip. He was really sleepy and of course didn't actually sleep but did spend good chunks of time snuggled in my arms sucking his thumb and cuddling Ralph. These reveries were interspersed with spastic yelling fits, but generally he returned to the quiet snuggle position when done.

Thank god for packing light. I only had a suitcase that i could carry-on and Henry in his stroller. This allowed me to go standby on an earlier flight when my original flight was delayed an hour. We had to go to Midway which involves a transfer on the train, but we got home and got Henry some dinner and he's off to bed. I'm about to follow, as i think his cold is catching up with me. Somehow i lugged my camera along on the trip and didn't take any pictures.

So, here is a picture of our kitchen. They have all the cabinets in and the ovens are installed. I think the flooring is coming soon which will be really nice. We're allowed to actually put stuff in the cabinets and after we do that and the flooring is in, I think we can actually allow Henry back in the dining room/kitchen/sun porch. That will make a pretty big difference, to have that much more space. Of course i'll have to vacuum every afternoon before Henry comes home, but that's a small price to pay for letting him explore.

I think Henry is getting closer and closer to taking some of his own first steps. He's been letting go and standing on his own for a few seconds at a time and this morning pushed up to standing without holding on to anything. Ever since he started crawling, he's been making such steady progress, that our weekly therapy sessions are really not too bad.

No comments: