4.14.2007

2 Weeks, 4 Days/ 23 Months, 3 Weeks, 1 Day


We reprised our successful dinner out from last week tonight-- we're starting to get downright haughty about this going out with two stuff (at least while one is in the "sleeps from the time we leave home until we return" stage.) It was fun to go back to a restaurant we had been visiting almost weekly in the last months of my pregnancy. The waitress knows us and adores Henry, and she was excited to meet Silas for the first time.


We're enjoying a pretty quiet weekend at home. I wound up having my first diagnostic chiropractor appointment on Friday and had my first "adjustment" this morning. It actually did help my back feel better-- not fixed but a milder form of pain every time i take a step or go up or down stairs. I'm set with three appointments next week and likely three the next week. She said that i would likely feel real relief after a few appointments. Here's hoping she's right! At least i've gotten a reasonable amount of sleep lately and the mastitis seems to be clearing up well.


Silas' sleep patterns have been a little bit all over the place. Two nights ago he went 6 hours between feedings (sleeping about 4.5 of that). Then last night he was up every two hours wanting to eat. I think it might have been a little growth spurt because he was wanting to eat every two hours most of the day as well. Today has been more normal, so hopefully he'll be back to at least 3 hour chunks tonight. At least on the weekend there's no problem with me being able to sleep in. I feed Silas around 6:30 or 7 and then JT takes him downstairs with Henry while i get to sleep until about 10. This is actually my survival strategy because i'm not great at napping in the afternoon.


Henry has taken to conducting "experiments" with his food once he's decided he's done eating. Jt's been trying to capture some of the more outlandish ones.

No comments: