4.12.2007

Bump in the road...


Silas is making his way towards three weeks and things were going swimmingly. Then two nights ago i had a terrible time sleeping and started feeling ill. Yesterday was truly awful-- i hurt in a million places and just couldn't sleep. Luckily i recognized the early signs of mastitis and was able to get in to see my Dr. last night. I started antibiotics last night and coupled with lots of sleep (interrupted as it was) i'm feeling MUCH better today. Still a little sluggish so i'm definitely taking it easy.


On top of the mastitis i hurt my back last week and it's not getting better. The Dr. gave me a referral to a chiropractor and physical therapy if that doesn't help. I couldn't get an appt. until Monday, but hopefully it will do the trick. Going upstairs is excruciating and even just walking is painful.


Henry is still doing well. I think he's starting to realize that my time is divided and occasionally demands my attention-- so JT and i have been trying to make sure that i have time just for Henry-- especially since most mornings Henry just sees me to say hi while i'm feeding Silas in bed.


Silas needs a little more attention-- sometimes he needs to be held for a bit before he can fall asleep-- and in the early evening. But he's generally easy to figure out and you can actually lay him down (and he stays asleep!) once he's gotten to sleep. We took him in for his 2 week appt. on Tuesday and he had gained a pound-- he's up to 9 lbs. 5.5 oz. So-- even though he's possibly the gassiest baby i've ever met-- he's gaining like gang busters. I'm doing my best to rotate all of his 0-3 outfits because i'm afraid they aren't going to fit much longer!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm glad to see Henry and Silas doing so well, but don't forget to take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Wow, big brother really looks grown up. Silas appears to be doing very well. You guys are great parents but don't forget to take some time for yourselves and to enjoy every day. It all goes by so fast! Gran

Anonymous said...

Great picture! Henry looks like a big kid next to happy little Silas. I hope you are feeling better! See you next week-yeah! Oma